I was born and raised in the wonderful state of Missouri. I mean, come on people, Missouri is awesome. I received my first 35mm camera in second grade. I went through roll after roll taking photos of trees, animals, and walls.
I used that camera up until my freshman year of high school. At that time I played the drums and took photographs. My parents informed me that I was allowed to choose between a drum set or a DSLR camera. As you could probably guess, I chose the camera, and I am so happy that I did!
I am now 25 years old and love every opportunity to create memories to hold onto forever. I have hosted 3 successful art shows, (to raise money for non-profit organizations) and I am licensed as a sole proprietor and am in my seventh year as the business owner of Hannah Arnzen Photography.
1. What is your favorite subject to photograph?
I enjoy photographing people. Everyone has their own story to tell, and I believe that a simple photograph can, in essence, capture someone’s personality and story.
2. What keeps me going?
I would love to have my work published in a magazine someday, but for now, I jump for joy when I see that someone uses a photo I have taken as their Facebook profile picture. The Lord has given me a gift that I think is worth sharing to those around me. God has blessed me abundantly through finances, connections, friendships, and support. All of these things have kept me going. Having a business and being a full time student has its challenges, but this is where I find an abundance of joy. I believe that my job is to bless others for God has blessed me and that couldn’t make me any happier.
3. What equipment do you use?
Canon 5D Mark III, Canon 50mm 1.2L, Canon 24-105mm 4L IS, Canon 70-200mm 2.8L IS II, (2) Canon 600EX-RT Speedlite, (2) Paul C. Buff Einstein strobe, SV Pro Series Bi-Color Ring Light
Adobe Lightroom, Adobe PS CC, Adobe Illustrator
1. I married the funniest and most handsome human being on this planet on in 2016. Best decision I've ever made.
2. I have loved llamas for my entire life. They always looks like they are smiling! Also, don't be fooled....they only spit if they find you as a threat.
3. When I have time to watch television, I find myself watching The Office, Million Dollar Listing Los Angeles, Family Fued, Impractical Jokers and Ellen.